Friday, January 12, 2007

Quality Handmade Gifts are the BEST!

Last night I exchanged gifts with my craftiest of crafty friends Nikki. I was blown away by the gift she gave me, and my pictures don't do it justice!



The full gift included: a large tote bag (with many pockets!), a smaller bag for stitch markers and other gadgets, a knitting needle case, two balls of green wool, and a big bag of buttons. I already have a project in mind for the yarn, it involves felting and a brand new pattern that exists only in my mind. I'm so excited about my growing button collection. While I want to keep my supply of craft materials to a minimum (until I have my own house with a craft room!), I've needed a lot of buttons lately and have wished that I had some on hand. Now I do!

I can't post a picture the needle case justice until I fill it with my needles, so that picture will come in a few days.

Needless to say, I think she put my gifts to shame! Look for her kicka$$ line of totes in a shop near you.

I'm almost done with my own pair of falling leaf socks, so until they are completed I leave you with this silhouette of the socks:

1 comment:

Nicole said...

well...your pictures look better than mine! i'm hiring you as my damn photographer!

i have to say that my feet have been so happy the last two days. all snuggly and warm inside my most awsome pair of socks. Soph's hat is already in her room. can't wait to see her in it!

thanks for an awsome dinner and great gift.

xoxo