Thursday, August 16, 2012



We're still feasting on farm-fresh summer veggies! Here's what we did with our share the week before everyone scattered for work & vacay::


I posted about the birthday carrot cake here. If you have some extra carrots and a can of coconut milk, get to it.

With the rest of our carrots, we whipped up a supper easy carrot salad.



It was three weeks ago and I can't exactly remember the ingredients, but it was some combination of carrots, raisins, roasted walnuts, and parsley. The dressing was a simple combo of lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and ... ?

So many of our vegetables are roasted each week {on Tuesday night I immediately made a pan of roasted veg from that day's box}. Since we were flush with three medium sized zucchinis, I did a lot of roasting. I like to keep the zucchini pieces relatively large when roasting, it creates juicy delicious pieces of zuke for eating. One night I did a pan of just zucchini with some olive oil and salt, then before we were leaving I did another pan of zucchini and eggplant.

Between the carrot salad and the roasted zucchini and eggplant, it was easy to throw together delicious salads for lunch as we were busy packing for our trips.


On the menu this week? Tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes.

No comments: