Friday, December 09, 2011

Decking the Halls

The ribbon candy is in the tree:: A trick I learned from my mom. It's fun to tell people they can eat the ornaments, and even more fun to catch Calder taking a nibble!

Above the hutch, and near our Sibley's bird poster, is the little village of bird houses:: Another great idea from Design Sponge. I picked up the birdhouses at Micheal's, and drilled holes in the back for Christmas lights:: Since my village is placed high in the room, I drilled the holes near the bottom of the houses, so that you can't see the lights when you look up at the village. I used some old coffee sacks for the burlap surface. I love this little village, and think it's going to make an annual appearance, but next year it might be fun to add some sparkly white snow and icicles to the roofs!

A couple of grey army blankets, saved from our wedding, have become the tree skirt:: I'm loving the rustic yet cozy texture.

And finally, we've started a little village above the kitchen cabinets:: I think we need some Christmas trees and maybe a streetlamp or two to really set the scene...

No comments: