Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hat Season

The Seasons hat is done, but it was so hard to take pictures of a wintry hat with temps in the 60s last weekend.

Instead, I got to work on another hat. This is a little something that I made up based upon a store-bought hat. I knit the one on the left a couple of years ago but quickly forgot it. It never left the knitting basket, the ends were never woven in, and it was never blocked, leaving it a slightly unfinished mess. When I rediscovered it a couple of weeks ago, I immediately wanted to wear it this season and knit another to share. It just took one evening to figure out the lace pattern again, and a new hat was on the needles, with more to come... but wait, the hats don't look the same, right. It's not just the crappy quality of the photo ~ this hat could be worn with either side out for two different looks! I personally like the purl bumps out.

No comments: