Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Circles Afghan {WIP}

This project has been in the works for about a year {I think}. I began making the colorful centers sometime last winter, but didn't share them here until October. At that time, I had finished the centers and laid them out until I came up with a fairly even distribution of the colors. This winter I slowly added a white border, turning each circle into a square.



Last weekend I laid them out again, did a bit more rearranging ::



... and then I started sewing them together {with possibly a bit more rearranging}!



It's still not done, but close. Just a few more seams and a border to go.

This is not going to be a big afghan, in fact it may be no bigger than 2.5 x 3.5 ft {if I'm lucky}, but I realized that it will be just perfect as a little cover for the wee one's stroller and car seat on chilly days. And in the house it can function as a little play mat while he's still immobile.

Oh, and of course, my trusty assistant was waiting just out of the frame, you know, in case he could be of use::


No comments: