Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Some Links

I wasn't ready to post a song yesterday, because the only song rolling around in my head fits better on a Friday. You'll hear it soon.

There are other things worth sharing.

It's electric::
Along with sun flares, I've been building up a collection of power lines...


Words::
Like this poem. I mostly read, but sometimes listen to the Writer's Almanac everyday. I think it's so much better when listened to, but it's always good to practice reading a poem now and then. Anywho, today's poem was by Barbara Ras, and now I'm really liking her work.

Stitches!::
This awesome pattern was published a little while ago, and I've been meaning to mention it here. It's WinterFoliage! Of course, I wish I came up with it, but I'm going to have to settle for making some of my own... this may be the start of a whole new craft around here!

Knitting?::
Well, the pictures are questionable, but I did finish another item last week. This is a new Shalom{*cough*potato pancake*cough*} sweater, and once I have better pictures I'll tell you more about this one and my first, unsuccessful pancake.

And finally, after the news about Patrick Swazye hit, how could I not refer you to a little bit of music/dance super-star inspiration.

1 comment:

mames said...

i am almost halfway through my circle sweater in fisherman wool and i am loving it. thanks for the inspiration.

my shalom was a true winner last season, but the silky merino is pilling something awful...i would knit it again for sure. great pattern.