Thursday, June 17, 2010

For a spring birthday...

A light cotton sweater with a yoke of daisies::

Yarn ~ Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece
Needles ~ US 5
Pattern ~ Autumn Leaves Vest

As with all of my knitting for others, this project sat on the needles for a long time. It's so hard for me to knit something for someone when I'm keeping it a secret or the recipient is far away because I'm always worried about how the sweater will fit. So rather than plow through and finish it, I sit and stare, hem and haw, pick it up, put it down, look at it from this angle and then that. You get the picture.... I think it's why I'm so good at just knitting for myself!

But folks, I think we have a winner! It just fits Soph, which is good enough for me! And, luckily, it'll be waiting for Maddy when she's ready for some spring daisies. The daisy portion is knit back and forth (rather than in the round), so I sewed up the first two repeats of the pattern, but left the last repeat open to make it easier to slip the sweater on over Soph's noggin and added a button closure at the top. done and done!

3 comments:

the Lady said...

Wow, I love it! I want one!

Nicole said...

and.....she loves it too. despite being a bit too hot and humid for this sweet sweater to be seasonally appropriate she keeps begging to wear it.

"But, Mama...Aunt Katie knit it just for me."

3 yr old logic. Works every time.

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this?! I love this sweater. I want one, but I don't know if it will look as good on me as it does on Sophia.
-sarah