Monday, June 28, 2010

Whad'ya know?

Not much, you?

*A gratuitous cone of Teaberry softserve from an evening visit to Knobles last week!

I was tagged by Heather to complete a little quiz, and just like her I have fun reading other people's answers, so here are mine:


1.What's your staple meal (ie. what meal do you cook most often when you can't be bothered to be adventurous)?

Brown rice, black bean, tomatoes and cheddar cheese - I always seem to have brown rice ready in the rice cooker, so waiting for it to cook is never a problem, and my shelves are always stocked with beans. I love the Trader Joes Cuban Style black beans; they come jazzed up with peppers and spice.

2. What do you want to be when you grow up?

Hmmm, I could still go in many directions, if I continue down my current path, then I'll become a College Professor of some sort, which won't be bad. BUT if I decide to get all wild and crazy, then I'd like to pursue some of my craft/art passions. Some combo of both would be awesome.

3. What book are you reading at the moment (if any)?

I'm reading two books at the moment: The Help by Kathryn Stockett (this one sits by my bed for a few minutes of reading before sleep) and My Life in France by Julia Child and Alex Prud'Homme (this one is in my gym bag for reading while I ride the stationary bike)

4. How do you relax?

Relax? I wish I had the time :-)! When I do relax it varies by the season and involves either doing something crafty, doing some gardening, or cooking.

5. What color are the interior walls of your home?

Ooh, our living room is a blue, hallways grey, kitchen white, and my bedroom is a creamy orange - not too harsh and just perfect for making this dark room a bit brighter.

6. What is your guiltiest pleasure?

Definitely watching TV on the internet (we don't have cable). But as long as I'm watching it while crafting or cooking or whatever, I rationalize that it's not that bad...

7. What time is bedtime and getting up time?

Typically I go to bed around 2 and wake up at 9:30 or 10.... but I'm trying really hard and would love to be in bed by 1 and up by 8. It's a small difference, but I would love to have that little extra bit of morning!

8. How long do you spend reading blogs (per day or per week)?

Hmmm, maybe blogs should have been my guilty pleasure. I sit in front of a computer all day, so I'll typically take a little break to look at a few blogs every couple of hours - there are some blogs that I read every day and others that I check out every couple of days. In general, I'm always looking for new craft or design ideas.... but I have to admit, ever since the wedding planning started, looking at wedding blogs was taking up a lot of my free time. I'm trying to tone it down this week:-)

Ok, I'm passing this quiz along to:

Fidlstix

Schubox Photography

Schwartz Family Files

Seraphina Firenze

The Lady Knits

... and anyone else up for sharing!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

This looks like fun- thanks for the invite- I'll post in a bit.

the Lady said...

Oh fun!
And congratulations on your recent engagement!

Pamela said...

Hi, I came across your blog while I was looking for information about double knitting. Your knitting is incredible. I saw a set of baby "booties" that you posted in October of last year. They are so sweet! did you design them or follow a pattern? If you followed a pattern would you mind letting me know where i can find it? I just fell in love with them and I'd like to knit a pair for my neighbor's newborn. Thank you so much.