Sunday, November 27, 2011

Fun was most definitely had by all...

Of course there was a delicious Thanksgiving dinner.

This was followed by the largest Christmas tree expedition to date::

How many people does it take to pick the perfect tree? Seven it is ~ three for doing the serious work of choosing, cutting and carrying, and four for causing trouble.




Throughout the snowball fight, I stayed cozy in a combination of tried and true knits:: That's my first and most favorite owl sweater paired with a woolly hat that I made last winter. I promised a pattern for the hat and realized I never delivered... it's on my to-do list.


There were challenging {uber challenging if you know this group} games of Monopoly::

And we rounded out the week with a bit of sledding::
Usually we're struggling up the sledding hill through a few feet of snow, but not this week. The snow was shallow and rock-hard forming a crazy fast track with a jump, making each run equally terrifying and exhilarating.

I hope your holiday was full of fun and smiles*

1 comment:

sarah schu said...

This post made me laugh hysterically! I love all the photos. I love your hat too. I remember yarn shopping for it in Germany almost a full year ago. Can you believe that traveling adventure was so long ago? I loved that trip, every freezing cold ounce of it.