Friday, February 09, 2007

Inspiration

As everyone knows, it's cold outside. Although, the days have been beautifully clear and sunny lately. So clear, that I've been taking shadow shots.

I've been knitting away, but don't have much to report. I haven't finished anything, but am close to finishing my scarf! I want it finished so that I can still bundle up while the weather's cold.

To fill out this post, I thought I'd share some of my knitting inspiration.

The Art of Knitting, by Francoise Tellier-Loumagne. This is the MOST beautiful knitting book I've seen yet. It's full of pictures of nature & built objects right next to pictures of knit stitches. The author does a beautiful job of imitating nature through knitting. The only (possible) downside of the book is that directions for actually knitting any of the stitches can be hard to interpret, although, I think any experienced knitter can make sense of it.

Vogue Knitting Stitchionary 2, Cables. I'm sure you've all seen the Stitchionary series. This one has provided the foundational information I need to make my sock pattern come to life. I have the pattern written out, but I haven't started it yet. That might be a project for late spring.

Speaking of sock knitting, this little Hand Knit Socks pamphlet is something I love! It was my grandmothers, and it has some great pictures inside:




I want some "Trews" for next winter!

Now, I'm going to try to fix up my banner... I guess you'll know if I succeed!

No comments: