Tuesday, May 29, 2007

We interrupt this study session to bring you ~

!!GLEE!!

Pattern ~ Glee by Zephyr Style

Yarn ~ Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk I love, love this yarn. Very soft and light. It makes a great light summer sweater. I didn't even find it that slippery to knit with. The whole sweater required less than 6 skeins, and that's with longer sleeves and a longer body! Plus, an added bonus was the sale price I paid for the yarn of only $3.50/skein. Holy cheap sweater.

Comments ~ I'm so happy with this sweater, but like other knitters of Glee (G.Bella and Blue Garter), I found that it was really (really) silly to not include any waist shaping. So I added my own. Just decreasing on the sides when appropriate, and using my experience with the Sunshine sweater as my guide. I'm also happy with the longer sleeves (the pattern calls for short sleeves). Since I wanted a sweater that would keep me cozy in cold cafes and chilly summer evenings, it had to have some sort of sleeve.

I knit the smallest size of the pattern, and it fits fine, but if I knit it again, I think I'll decrease the bust even more. My gauge was right on, but still I feel that the sweater could be more snug on top. Plus, I think that if I had it snugger on top, I might not have had to come in so much with my waist shaping. Or, I might try just going down a needle size and not decreasing the number of stitches. I think this would give me the spring I want without complicating the math.

**notice that the neck is held together with safety pins, I still have to add the eyes and hooks.

Up next ~ a short and quick summer knit and more philly love.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Rock on with your bad self!

Amanda said...

Now that is cute! I am anxious to hear how the hook and eye closures are attached, because my only attempt at it was less than satisfactory.