Thursday, December 16, 2010

The un-smelly update!

That's right, this blog has been coming to you odor-free since the end of October. The homemade deodorant has been working like a charm!

Keeping with my desire to re-use before recycling glass jars, I have the big batch of deodorant stored in an old Burt's Bee's lotion jar. I wanted something smaller for traveling, so as soon as this travel-size Burt's jar was empty, I re-purposed that: The tops of the jars are the perfect size for these little labels that I picked up at Michael's last year. I use just a pea-sized amount under each arm in the morning, so I'm hoping this will be enough for the whole week...

I loved the feedback after my first deodorant post; a few great questions/ideas were posed. Since I'm giving you an update, I thought I'd come back to one of the questions::
-Does the coconut oil leave grease stains on your clothes? Honestly, I haven't noticed any stains at all. I've been meaning to do a real experiment: take on old shirt, put a good amount of deodorant on, let it set in, and then wash and see what happens. This is still on my to-do list, and when I finally get around to it, I'll give you yet another deodorant update!

1 comment:

the Lady said...

very cute jars. i tried the recipe and it only seemed to sort of work half the time. too bad!