Monday, February 21, 2011

A test.

One can never have enough
a. yarn ?
b. books ?
c. cloth napkins !

Being the perpetual savers that we are, I inherited a pile of old, used table-cloths, shower curtains, and other used fabrics from my mom. This pile is a variety of woven cotton patterns. They were stained and/or ripped in places, making them unsuitable for their intended use, but still had enough good space for "something else". I've recognized this as a problem. Something always has another use, and if I don't want to end up on Hoarders, I better have a plan to use up the old goodies at the same rate they're generated! So, I've started to whittle away on this pile, turning the un-stained, un-ripped sections into cloth napkins.
They are perfect in all of the right ways : super absorbent, generously sized, and relocated from the "hmmm" to the "ah-ha!" pile.

Because, like yarn and books, you can never have too many cloth napkins!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

just lovely- (looks over at the crumpled ugly paper thing under the coffee cup-hmmmmm......)