Monday, July 09, 2012

Weekend Update

We're deep into the Tour de France now, spending a few hours each night watching the day's race {and avoiding all news of the event so stage's events, crashes, and outcomes are a surprise}. With all of that time on the couch, knitting happens, and Stasis has become my Tour knit.



I've avoided stranded sweaters for a long time because I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get the tension right, but with the first section done, I couldn't be happier with the results! Now I have inches of stockinette for the torso ahead of me ~ perfect for keeping one eye on the race.

In the garden, we're seeing the results of another successful experiment :: encourage a Queen Anne's Lace invasion. I love the lace, and wanted to add the flowers here and there to the beds. So towards the end of last summer I collected some dried flower heads, and sprinkled the seeds throughout our garden. This year, we have an abundance of the wispy leaves {in the photo below you see a combination of queen anne's lace and california poppy leaves} popping up and many of them are now starting to flower!



When these flowers mature and produce seeds, I'm going to spread them and cross my fingers again.

{Gratuitous insect shots.}


What''s on your list for the week? Other than the knitting, race watching and !birthdaying!, we're just trying to keep everything watered {flowers, dogs, and husbands} while we wait for some rain.


Happy Monday*

No comments: