Friday, April 06, 2007

The Bunny Came Early!

As I mentioned, I received a few great surprises yesterday. My parents came to the city for the start of Easter weekend and I received:
-a BIG box of wool. The colors are shades of peach/pink, shades of brown/tan, and then some bright (neon some would say) orange and yellows:
~This picture is not even half of the full box!~

I thought I might make one of Brooklyn Tweed's Red Light Special hats. Maybe some cosmetic bags with skinny stripes of these colors (peaches and browns)? What else?

I also received a great antique glass jar for storing my buttons ~ now that I have a button collection!

And finally, we spent the day on a "driving tour" of Boston. Which, if you know Boston involves a lot of getting lost and running into different streets with the SAME NAMES! Needless to say we had a great time, particularly during our stop at Haymarket Square. I highly recommend Haymarket to anyone in or near the Boston area that wants to do some serious cooking or just pick up some fresh veggies!

***Viewer Beware:: if you don't find butcher shops appealing, a picture below may disturb you***






I hope you all have a great holiday weekend!

No comments: