Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Holidays

I can't believe it's been a week since my last post. I've been knitting away, but have little to share because I'm turning this::into Christmas presents!

I'm very excited about this Knitpicks purchase. I ordered a couple of new yarns ~ CotLin, Felici, and Palette. As well as an old standby ~ Swish Superwash. The beauty of the purchase is that I have enough yarn for 6 gifts and it cost me a whopping $45.33 (free shipping!). A great deal for this knitting grad student! This means that while I'll be busy knitting, I can't share much of the progress (psst ~ if you want updates check out my Ravelry page).

The weather has been beauty at my parents, clear skies and the last of the fall foliage::


And, of course, the kitchen has been busier than Santa's workshop::

~Pumpkin Soup, in the pumpkin~

~Apple Butter, canned for giving~

I hope you had a relaxing Thanksgiving and are able to enjoy the weekend before heading back to work. I'm headed to NYC tomorrow with my mom and sister ~ they're going to see The Prarie Home Companion at Town Hall while I wonder around, do some Chrstmas shopping, and probably stop in a cafe to take a load of and do some research (fingers crossed).

1 comment:

the Lady said...

Looks beautiful!

And don't you just love Knitpicks?!