Sunday, January 17, 2010

Parade of Christmas Crafts {hats}

For the second year in a row, I knit hats for the lads in the house.

~ for the newest Lad ~
It's my original version of the Yarn Harlot's Unoriginal Hat. I followed her pattern, but added one additional section (making 5 large cable repeats). I then added the ear flaps to cables 2 & 4, assuming cable 1 is located at the back of the head. After the hat was finished, I added a single crochet border. And that's that, an original unoriginal!

~ for the Pop ~

The botanic I gave you a sneak peak of this before, but here it is on a head::
Unfortunately I didn't get a good finished shot of it on Pop. It's on the to-do list for my next visit home {along with photographing your socks, mom}.

~ for the Brother ~
Another botanic. This one I really loved.
Knit with Malabrigo and Patons wool, the hat is nice and lightweight, drapes nicely, and is a perfectly fitting beanie. Plus, the colors are fantabulous together... I'm hoping I have enough scraps to make another one of these.


And while I was snapping away, I scored a hat trick, catching three knits in one shot. A botanic, the unoriginal, and another peak at the shopping tunic in action.

No comments: