Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Almost Frogged.

Procrastination is the perfect tool for bringing new life into old, tossed aside projects. This particular adventure involved a scarf I finished well over 3 years ago. The original pattern was for the multi-layered scarf from Alterknits. The basic scarf/shawl is a tube knit with kidsilk haze, and finished by sliding a piece of silk fabric up the middle of the tube (giving you the "layers"). I love the idea, but once it was finished I never wore it. Here's the tube, sans silk:: I pulled it out a couple of weeks ago and was determined to either take it apart and use the yarn for something else, or make it wearable...

So, with just a little bit of playing, I realized that the tube made a fantastic cowl! Even though the knitting itself is thin and without any shaping, the tube's so long that when you scrunch it together you get a cowl with a lot of structure.

So, a cowl it is! And when I want to control how it falls across my shoulders, my trusty nail* works really well:

*You may remember that I used the nail trick before for my pinwheel sweater.

1 comment:

the Lady said...

All I can think is "thank god she didn't try to rip out KSH."