Saturday, July 24, 2010

Pick Your {Summer} Poison

If you've been keeping up with this blog over the years, you may have noticed that my last few summers have been spent in the Bay Area, where one never really experiences the heat of an East Coast summer. As a result, I never really warmed up before I would be hit with cool fall weather and then winter.

This summer? I've enjoyed every heat wave that has hit the east coast, and I'm now officially warm. So warm that some new beverages were required to make it through the day.





First up, for a refreshing breakfast or an afternoon jolt : Homemade Green Tea FrappeAfter you purchase the green tea powder, whipping this up is easy peasy.

Ingredients:
1 cup milk
1 banana
handful of ice
1 Tablespoon Matcha powder (I ordered this one from Amazon and it's not bad)
1 Tablespoon sugar

Throw all ingredients in the blender, whip it up, and enjoy!






Next up, for your evening on the deck : V8 and beer. yes.
Ingredients:
12 ounces beer (ETA: pictured is Magic Hat's summer brew, it contains beets, making it both beautiful and delicious!)
2 (or more) ounces v8
a few ice cubes
a few (or more) dashes of Tabasco, I prefer the green, milder variety

Mix it all together and thank me later.

No comments: