Wednesday, May 18, 2011



It's gardening and music today!

As predicted, the fast-fading lilacs were soon replaced by peonies. Loads and loads of peonies. Leading me to hum this song every time I fill a vase::



There's the vase on the kitchen table::

The multi-color collection in the living room::

The single flower on the side table of our newly decorated guest bedroom {don't you want to come for a visit?!?}::

These are tree peonies {really shrub peonies}. Their buds are huge:And their flowers are ginormous. I'm going to be so bummed to see this season go! Luckily our herbaceous peonies have not started to bloom yet.

This was my first experience with tree peonies, and now I want to be a little Johnny Appleseed and plant them everywhere!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you were my very own housewife, oh, wait, you just might be in a few months!!
=) sarah

Anonymous said...

I wish you were my very own housewife, oh, wait, you just might be in a few months!!
=) sarah