Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer Winter Knitting


Between working on my hexes, I'm looking for other projects that use up the yarn I already have on hand. This project was instant gratification at it's finest. After just two evenings of knitting I have a hat that I can't wait to wear this winter {and that C can't wait to steal}.

I bought the yarn right before Christmas, thinking I would make a quick gift for someone, but I ran out of time. The yarn is a ball of bulky Bernat. I cast on 70 stitches on size 10.5 needles, knit for about 3 inches and then switched to size 11 needles for the stockinette portion. Knit ~6 inches in stockinette and then finished it with a knit two together round followed by a knit round (and repeat that two more times for a total of three decrease rounds).

So quick and easy, I might have to run out and buy more bulky yarn to knit a few more of these for gifts!

No comments: