Friday, June 15, 2012

Sunshine Day

What a fun surprise ~ Lynn at Fidlstix nominated me for the Sunshine Award!



I still remember when I came across my first blog seven or eight years ago ~ I was exploring the {new to me} world of online knitting patterns and magazines. I found Knitty, and the now infamous Clapotis, and from there I found Kate Gilbert's blog Needles on Fire. I was hooked from the beginning ~ I loved being introduced to new projects in real time, seeing how they would modify patterns, and learning new techniques from their tutorials. From knitting blogs I branched out and found blogs that fit my other interests ~ gardening, cooking, home design, and when it was time to get married, wedding blogs.  I love that there's a medium for anyone to share their skills and interests, and I really love that there are so many people doing it!

For all of the reasons that pulled me in to reading other people's blogs, I realized that I wanted one for myself. While I'm good at making things, I've never been good at journaling, but I wanted a space to document the projects I worked on, the recipes I baked, and the places I went. I take more pictures than I know what to do with, and with a blog, I finally had a space to share them. The funny thing is, I've always been slightly self conscious about my blogging when I'm explaining blogs to people who don't read them. Beyond that I'm often a one-way participant in the blogging community ~ there are a number blogs that I check in with on a daily basis, yet I rarely leave comments. So when I get an award like this I blush ~ it makes me happy to know that other people like what I'm sharing, and it reminds me that I should spend a little bit more time each week telling people that I like what they're doing too! Thanks Lynn {and I love how you eat your watermelon!}.


Here are the rules of the game:

1. Thank the person that nominated you.
2. Answer the 10 questions on your favorite things.
3. Nominate 10 blogs to receive the Sunshine Award and let them know they've been nominated.

My favorite things...

1. Favorite animal : there are so many! but our pup Ca$h is my favorite of the moment.
2. Favorite number : 5
3. Favorite non-alcoholic drink : Morning Thunder tea with brown sugar and milk
4. Facebook or Twitter : Facebook
5. My passion : fruit, get it? haha I would have to say gardening and eating huge piles of watermelon in the summer and knitting in the winter.
6. Getting or giving : getting! I love to think up presents and surprises, particularly ones I can make.
7. Favorite Pattern : Since I'm now working on my sixth pair, I'd have to say Jaywalkers.
8. Favorite day of the week : Saturday
9. Favorite flower : it's a tie between peonies and hydrangeas
10. Favorite country : This is hard, I love road-tripping around the US with C, there's so much to see! But beyond our borders, like any good beer, pretzel, kraut-loving girl, I would have to say Germany.


My nominations span the variety of blogs I love to wake up and read :

Craft:
Juicyknits
Needled
Poppytalk

Food:
Food in Jars
Apt. 2b Baking Co. 

Little bit of everything:
Jeremy & Kathleen
Bower Power
Posie Gets Cozy

My Fam <3 :


So there you have it! A little about me, blogging and the blogs I like. Happy Friday*



1 comment:

Lynn said...

Dear Katie- you were one of the very first people to leave a comment on my blog and I have always enjoyed checking in on what you are up too but I have to say I also really appreciate how generous you were with help and advice on technical stuff I was trying to figure out - so thank you - thank you for sharing and for being you!