Monday, February 11, 2013

Earring Holder :: Take Two

Even though my mom and C keep me stocked with beautiful/fun/awesome earrings, I can wear the same simple studs for weeks. It happens when all of those pretty earrings are tucked safely away and out of sight in jewelry boxes.

The fix to this problem was even easier than expected :: I picked up a smallish frame from Michael's and popped in a piece of radiator cover I had left-over from making these as gifts last year.

To simplify the process, I cut the radiator cover so that it just fit inside the frame ~ it was so snug that once in the frame it doesn't move and I didn't have to bring out the powerful/smelly glues to do the dirty work. I also skipped the finishing step where I glued the nylon rope around the back side to give it a clean finish. Without that work, this project took all of five minutes.

It's been hanging next to our big mirror and above my necklaces for a couple of weeks now, and I'm happy to report that I switch out earrings 3 to 4 times a week!


No comments: