Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hanging Around is a Hoot

Oh boy, this week we're going to do a lot of hanging around the blog. I realized that three weeks of single posts was not cutting it (thanks for the reminder Sarah!), and I had a whole pile of projects that required hanging things on walls. It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together ~ I'm going to hang stuff up and blog about it. Game on.

First hang up:: a plate. I don't think of myself as the plate on walls sort of person, and I'm still laughing about this project, but inspiration struck.

Before Sarah left for Thailand, she gave me this really beautiful and awesome vintage owl plate. I didn't want to use the plate and ruin it, so I had it leaning on a desk in the craft room, but even there, I felt like it was just collecting dust and sometimes getting lost in the clutter that is the craft room.


That's when I realized that it would look fantastic hanging up with the hoops:: {don't mind the mess at the bottom of the pic, there's a whole lot of crazy going on in there at any one time...}

Using a plate hanger made this project so stinking easy, and made the wall a whole lot more fun to look at! I put the owl plate closer to the hoops that were up there, and now the spacing looks off compared to the rest of the hoops, but that will be corrected when I finally hang the smaller hoops that I bought to go in those larger empty spaces.

No comments: