Monday, April 02, 2012

Link On

A little bit of inspiration for your Monday.*

 Over on the Hip Girl's Guide to Homemaking, I found this little free library project and love it! What a fun idea for sharing books. I'm putting on my radar for a future project. I would love to do something like this in our little development... I'm not sure what the response would be, but that's part of my interest in doing it. I also think it'd be a fun project if you have kids and live in a place with a bunch of kiddos ~ they could visit each other's libraries as a way to share books. Check out the original Little Free Library site if you want to learn more.

 How awesome is this lace art? I particularly love the power plant and electric wire pieces. On our road trips, I'm always drawn to the power lines, and always come home with way to many photos of them. When we're driving along, I imagine the US as a quilt; it's varying topography makes up the patterns of the fabric, and the power lines are the stitches holding us all together. On the one hand I find the power lines ugly and don't want them blocking my view, on the other hand I'm in awe of their varying designs and all of the work that went in to giving us all the power we need to boot up computers, communicate in an instant, and pump our drinking water up out of the ground. It's silly, but I've told Calder that I want to put my photos together one day in a huge art exhibit. Seeing the lace versions of the power lines really struck me.






 I came across the blog brooklyn to west last week when she was featured on Design*Sponge, and was so inspired thinking about the wood shop she's created in her NYC apartment, and the beautiful furniture she's building from her dumpster diving adventures.

 Finally, a few bits of food inspiration::
~ Orange Cake
~ olive oil and ice cream? I'm intrigued.

*When everything's going my way, I'd like to make the Link On posts a regular Friday feature. Look out for more this week!

No comments: