Sunday, November 19, 2006

friends and presents

So, Thursday was a great night. Learning/teaching to knit socks with some rum, cider, and eggnog was hillarious. I think some people got the hang of it!




Minona and Steph are foresters with knitting skills... and models too:-D

I didn't get much knitting done Thursday night, but had a great time hanging out with the knitters!

To make up for the lack of Thursday knitting, I made a lot of progress on some Christmas presents since then. I'm working on a scarf from Alternits for one sister and Argyle slippers from Weekend Knitting for another.



I'm making a lot of adjustments to the slipper pattern (mainly having to adjust everything because I'm using a different size yarn), so I hope it goes well.




I've been working on this scarf for about a year. It's a great easy pattern to work on while watching a movie, but I keep picking it up and putting it down because scarves can never hold my attention. The length is so deceiving, just when I think it's long enough, I try it on and realize it's about HALF THE SIZE it should be.

As I finish presents, I'm trying to think of some creative ways to wrap them... pictures of the wrapped gifts soon. I have so many great pictures that I'd really like to make some crafty cards for the holidays too...

No comments: